If you have a problem with bad odors in your bathroom, then an air purifier is just what you need.
In this article, we’ve rounded up the best air purifiers for bathroom odors that are sure to remove unpleasant smells.
Let’s get started…
5 Best Air Purifiers For Bathrooms Review
There are many good-quality air purifiers on the shelves today, but this list contains five of the best products.
We will highlight the key features, pros, and cons of each product and tell you why we think they stand out from the rest.
OUR FAVORITE PICK…..
Here is a quick overview of our top favorite Air Purifiers.
|Medify MA-40 Air Purifier||Check Current Price|
|Coway Airmega AP-1512HH Air Purifier||Check Current Price|
|Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier||Check Current Price|
1. Best Budget: Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier with True HEPA
The Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier is among the most affordable yet powerful air purifiers on the market.
It has a CADR of 360, which means it can clean up to 360 square feet in size rooms or spaces with ease.
This product is capable of removing smells from bathrooms easily because it comes with an AOC carbon filter that captures bad odors as small as 0.29 microns!
This air purifier is capable of cleaning the air in your home three times every hour.
The Winix also has two other filters that will capture pollutants, allergens, dust mites, etc.
The first is a true HEPA filter which captures 99.97% of all these particles as small as 0.29 microns! The second filter on this machine is a washable AOC carbon filter that captures bad odors.
This machine also has smart sensors that will adjust the fan speed to ensure you are getting clean air in your home at all times based on variables like temperature, humidity levels, etc.
Lastly, this product comes with an automatic mode for adjusting fan speeds as well as having manual controls if you want to adjust the fan speed yourself.
- Item weight: 15.4 lbs
- It comes with a true HEPA filter capturing 99.97% of pollutants, allergens, dust mites, etc
- Captures pollutants as small as 0.3 microns
- Washable AOC carbon filter
- Noise level:27.8dB
- Auto Mode for adjusting fan
- Smart sensors
- CADR: 360. sq.ft
- Smart Sensors for gauging the air pollution levels
- CADR of 360, which means it can clean up to 360 square feet at a time
- Two filters (true HEPA and washable AOC carbon filter) that capture pollutants as small as 0.29 microns
- It comes with an automatic mode for adjusting fan power based on the machine’s reading of the air quality
- Remote control for making adjustments from across the room if you don’t want to get up and touch a button on top of it.
- Filter replacement is quite expensive.
If you want a compact, inexpensive, yet powerful air purifier for your bathroom, then the Winix is a great choice.
2. Best Portable: Honeywell HFD320 AirGenius 5 Air Purifier
The Honeywell HFD320 AirGenius 5 Air Purifier is another affordable air purifier that can help remove smells from the bathroom.
It has two filters that capture pollutants, allergens, and other particles as small as 0.3 microns!
The first filter is a pre-filter for capturing larger particles in your home like dust etc., while the second filter captures smaller airborne particles such as pollen, mold spores, pet dander, etc.
This product is capable of cleaning up to 250 square feet in your home or office and will completely clean the air every 35-45 minutes on high fan speed.
This purifier also has an auto mode for adjusting fan speeds based on factors like temperature, humidity levels, etc., which means you won’t have to worry about adjusting the fan speed yourself.
The Honeywell is also capable of removing odors from your bathroom because it has a washable activated charcoal filter that captures bad smells.
This air purifier comes with a five-year warranty and weighs only nine pounds, so you can move this product around in your home or office without too much trouble.
- Item weight: 9.1 lbs
- It comes with a pre-filter and a permanent washable filter
- Suitable for rooms up to 250 sq. ft.
- Captures airborne particles as small a 0.3 microns
- Good for odors
- Circulates air up to five times per hour
- 5-year warranty
- It comes with a pre-filter and activated carbon filter
- Lightweight at nine pounds, so it’s easy to move around your home or office
- The machine is capable of cleaning up to 250 square feet, which is good enough for most bathrooms.
- The Honeywell has an automatic mode for adjusting its fan speeds based on factors like humidity levels, temperature, etc.
- The coverage area is quite small.
If you want a portable yet powerful machine that will help remove bathroom odors, then the Honeywell is a great choice.
3. Best Design: RabbitAir MinusA2 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier
While this is quite an expensive air purifier, it comes with features that make the price worth it.
The RabbitAir MinusA Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier is one of the quietest air purifiers in its class and has an advanced six-stage filtration system to remove dust, allergens (including pet dander), odors from your bathroom, etc.
This product is capable of removing any unwanted smells from your bathroom and can even remove toxins like formaldehyde, xylene, etc.
The RabbitAir MinusA comes with a germ-defense customized filter that helps to neutralize any germs, viruses, bacteria, etc.
It can cover up to 700 square feet of space and even comes with features like an automatic mode for adjusting fan speeds.
The RabbitAir MinusA2 is also capable of removing 99.97 percent of particles in the air as small as 0.03 microns, which means this product will have no problem clearing out bathroom smells from your home or office.
- Ultra-quiet air purifier
- A six-stage air purification system
- Advanced BioGs HEPA Filtration
- Germ-defense customized filters
- Can stand alone or be mounted on a wall
- Covers up to 700 sq. ft.
- Toxin absorber, odor removal
- It comes with a six-stage filtration system
- The RabbitAir is capable of covering up to 700 square feet, which means it’s good enough for most bathrooms
- This machine can remove toxins like formaldehyde etc.
- Quite pricey
This is one of the most effective air purifiers you can get for your bathroom. It’s also good enough to be used in other rooms of the house or office, so it’s definitely worth its price tag.
4. Most Compact: Coway Airmega AP-1512HH True HEPA Air Purifier
This is one of the most compact air purifiers you can get for your bathroom, but it still manages to pack in features like an automatic mode and coverage area up to 361 square feet.
The Coway Airmega AP-1512HH is also capable of filtering out 99.97 percent of particles that are as small as 0.3 microns, which means it’s good enough for removing odors from your bathroom.
The Coway Airmega also comes equipped with an air quality monitor, which is a nice feature to have because you can check the air quality in real-time and adjust purifier settings accordingly.
- Air quality monitor
- Auto mode
- Filter indicator
- Coverage area:361 sq. ft.
- True HEPA filter
- Absorbs particles as small as 0.3 microns
- It comes with an automatic mode for adjusting fan speeds based on air quality levels
- The Coway is capable of covering up to 361 square feet, which means it’s good enough for most bathrooms
- It can remove odors from your bathroom and also comes with a monitor that tells you the current status of the room’s air quality.
- Quite pricey compared to other products in its class
If you want a compact yet powerful machine that will help remove bathroom odors, then the Coway Airmega is one of your best options.
It’s also good enough to be used in other rooms of the house or office, so it’s definitely worth its price tag.
5. Best Overall: Medify MA-40 Air Purifier
The Medify MA-40 Air Purifier is a powerful and compact machine that can help you remove bathroom odors from your home or office.
This machine comes with features like an H13 True HEPA Filter, which is capable of removing 99.99 percent of particles as small as 0.01 microns (including smoke, bedroom odors, etc.).
The Medify MA-40 Air Purifier is also quiet enough to be used in the bedroom, so it’s a great choice if you need an air purifier for your home or office.
Another nice feature of this product is that it comes with CADR up to 380, which means it can help remove odors from rooms as large as 1600 square feet – more than enough to handle your bathroom.
- H13 True HEPA Filter
- For Smoke, Smokers, Dust, Odors, Pet Dander
- 99.9% Removal to 0.1 Microns
- Coverage area: 1600 sq. ft.
- CADR: 380
- Three fan speeds
- Sleek touch screen operation
- It comes with an H13 True HEPA Filter, which is capable of removing 99.99 percent of particles as small as 0.01 microns
- The Medify MA-40 Air Purifier comes equipped with CADR up to 380
- Quite pricey compared to other products on this list
This is one of the most compact and powerful air purifiers you can get, making it a great choice for removing bathroom odors from your home or office.
It’s also good enough for use in other rooms of the house/office, so it’s definitely worth its price tag.
How To Choose An Air Purifier For Bathroom Smells
When choosing the best bathroom air purifier, consider the following factors:
Size of the bathroom
This is one of the most important factors to consider because you need an air purifier that can handle small or large bathrooms comfortably.
If your bathroom is on the smaller side, then it makes sense to get a compact unit like the Coway Airmega AP-1512HH True HEPA Air Purifier.
However, if your bathroom is on the larger side, then you’ll need an air purifier like the Medify MA-40 True HEPA Air Purifier.
The CADR rating is another important factor to consider when choosing an air purifier.
The higher the number, the more powerful your machine will be at removing odors from any given area.
You don’t want to get an air purifier with a CADR rating that’s too low because it won’t be able to handle the job.
Of course, this is among the most important factors to consider when buying an air purifier.
You want your machine to be well-built and durable enough so that it will last you for years to come.
You don’t want something flimsy or poorly built because it won’t do the job properly, which defeats the purpose of investing in one in the first place.
Energy star certification
This is another important factor to consider when choosing an air purifier.
Most of the time, you’ll want something that’s energy-efficient and won’t cost a lot in terms of electricity bills.
You don’t want to get something with too much power because it will burn through your utility bill at a ridiculous rate – this defeats the purpose of buying one after all.
Of course, the price is always a big factor to consider. You don’t want to spend more than you need when there are plenty of options available in terms of quality and durability.
However, this isn’t an area where you can afford to be cheap or flimsy with your purchase because it could end up costing you in the long run.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Do You Need An Air Purifier For A Bathroom?
Bathrooms require an air purifier because they are breeding grounds for bacteria, mold, and other harmful particles that can make you sick.
When these things get trapped in your air ducts, they build up over time, which is why it’s important to use an air purifier in the room(s) where most of your cleansing routines take place (e.g., the bathroom).
Do Air Purifiers Get Rid Of Bathroom Smells?
Yes, air purifiers can get rid of bathroom smells effectively.
Some air purifiers are specifically designed for this purpose, while others may be capable depending on the specific model you choose to invest in.
Where To Put An Air Purifier In A Bathroom?
You can put an air purifier in a bathroom anywhere in the bathroom.
Most people choose to put it on the floor, while some users place them higher up on a shelf or desk where they can get better air circulation and exposure instead.
It is important to have an air purifier for your bathroom, especially if it has a bad odor.
The products listed in this article are the best air purifiers for bathrooms and can get rid of bad odors. They also have other features that make them stand out from the competition.
Looking For Air Purifier Guides?
If you’re looking for more air purifier resources, consider checking out our other post on air purifiers.
- Alen BreathSmart Vs IQAir HealthPro Plus
- What Is A Pre-Filter In An Air Purifier?
- How to ventilate a bathroom without windows
- Air Purifier vs. Open Window
- Air Purifier Smells Like Plastic
Irene Batres is eager to help others create an indoor allergen-free home. She has years of experience testing out air purifiers, dehumidifiers, and other products designed to help with indoor air quality. Learn more about me.