If you suffer from eczema like me, you are probably constantly looking for ways to prevent it.
I’ve found that the painful irritation of eczema can be alleviated with one simple product: an air purifier!
It’s true. A high-quality air purifier can help prevent redness and irritation caused by eczema by reducing dust and other allergens in your home.
Removing these particles from the air can help reduce the number of allergic reactions that trigger eczema.
Today I’ll share with you the best air purifiers for eczema that will help you alleviate and relieve symptoms of eczema.
Let’s get started..
5 Best Air Purifiers For Eczema
Let’s dive into the five best air purifiers for eczema.
I will review each product and list the pros and cons as well as the key features of each product so that you can find the right one.
IN A HURRY? HERE’S OUR TOP PICKS…..
Here is a quick overview of our top favorite air purifiers.
|Alen FLEX Air Purifier|
|Check Current Price|
Best For Large Spaces
|LEVOIT Air Purifier with Medical-Grade True HEPA Filter|
|Check Current Price|
|Germ Guardian 3-in-1 True HEPA Filter|
|Check Current Price|
New PECO Technology
|Molekule Air Large Room Air Purifier with PECO Technology|
|Check Current Price|
|Medify Air Purifier|
|Check Current Price|
1. Alen BreatheSmart Medical Grade Air Purifier (Our Top Pick)
The Alen BreatheSmart Medical Grade Air Purifier is the best product overall for dermatitis (eczema). It is also a good product if you have pollen or dust allergies or asthma because it effectively removes 99.97% of airborne particles from the air.
Key features of the Alen BreatheSmart Medical Grade Air Purifier include:
- Cleans the air in a room up to 700 square feet
- Lights shutdown mode
- removes 99.99% bacteria, aerosolized viruses, and airborne particles larger than 0.1 micron
- Advanced WhisperMax technology
- Clean the air fast
- Pros of the Alen BreatheSmart air purifier are that it circulates the air in a room, cleans the air every 30 minutes, and filters last up to a year. People love that it has a sleek design and can fits in any space
- The cons of this air purifier are that it runs loud but works extremely well to get rid of polluants.
2. Levoit LV-PUR131 Air Purifier (Best For Large Spaces)
The Levoit air purifier makes the list because it uses three filters to remove allergens from the air and has other useful features.
The Levoit Air Purifier comes with:
- An activated carbon filter
- A pre-filter
- A True HEPA filter
- The auto mode that self adjusts between fan settings
- A timer function
- An LED display
- The pros of using the Levoit Air Purifier are that it uses three filters to efficiently remove harmful particles, it operates silently, and you can turn the LED display off.
- The only con of this air purifier is that you have to change the filters every six months.
3. Germ Guardian AC4300BPTCA (Also Great)
The Germ Guardian air purifier is the third on our list because it is the most budget-friendly. It is also one of the smallest air purifiers you can buy. It uses a 3 in 1 purification system to remove harmful particles from the air.
Key features of the Germ Guardian include:
- Small in size
- Under $100
- True HEPA filter
- Activated carbon filter
- The pros of the Germ Guardian air purifier are that it uses three filters to remove mold, bacteria, and mildew as well as common allergens like pollen and dust, it works silently, and it comes with a five-year warranty.
- The cons of this air purifier are that it only covers up to 167 square feet and you have to change the filters every six months.
4. Molekule Air Purifier (With New PECO Technology)
People really loved that this air purifier works amazingly well, it is easy to maneuver around, and is quite simple to lift because of its leather strap handle.
The Molekule Air Purifier is more expensive than most air purifiers but you pay what you get for.
The key features of the Molekule Air Purifier include:
- Runs quieter than most air purifiers
- Has (PECO) nanotechnology. This helps to destroy viruses, VOCs, allergens, bacteria & mold.
- Smart air quality sensor
- Emits No ozone and actually destroys it
- The pros of the Molekule Air Purifier are that it measures indoor air quality and self-adjusts to clean the air effectively, it has an LED display that shows you the air quality of the room, it comes with a two-year warranty, it is quiet, and it cleans the air of a room up to 600 square feet.
- The only con of this air purifier is that like mentioned previously it is more expensive than most air purifiers but it is well worth the price.
5. Medify MA-14 Air Purifier (Budget Pick)
The Medify Air Purifer air purifier is equipped with the latest technology. This is the best air purifier for those with more severe eczema because it is a medical-grade air purifier.
The key features of the Medify MA-14 air purifier include:
- Medical-grade for skin allergies
- Comes with an H13 HEPA filter, which is more advanced and removes more allergens and dust particles from the air
- 3 fan speed settings
- Pre-filter. More than one filter means it eliminates more particles from the air.
- Filter replacement light
- Night light function
- The pros of the Medify MA-14 Air Purifier are that it uses a medical-grade HEPA filter to remove 0.1 micron-sized particles, it works as a nightlight, and it comes with lifetime coverage.
- The only con of this air purifier is that you have to replace the filters more often than other air purifiers. This is because it collects smaller particles, and therefore more particles, out of the air.
Other Air Purifiers For Dermatitis (Eczema)
RENPHO RP-Apo88W Air Purifier
This air purifier is budget-friendly because it is made to cover small rooms. It features three different speeds and a sleep mode.
BONECO Air Washer W200 Humidifier and Purifier
The BONECO Air Washer W200 Humidifier & air purifier also works as a humidifier, which can help alleviate symptoms of eczema like redness and irritation caused by dry skin.
PARTU HEPA Air Purifier
The PARTU HEPA air purifier is good for eczema and allergy sufferers because it uses three filters to eliminate allergens from the air.
How To Choose An Air Purifier For Eczema
Now we will discuss what you should consider before choosing an air purifier.
Your air purifier should be well-made, last a long time, and come with a warranty.
Easy to clean
Being easy to clean is also a great feature in an air purifier.
The power you need depends on the room size you want to cover and how severe your eczema is. More severe eczema sufferers will want more filtration power, even though this means you must replace the filter more often.
You don’t want an unnecessarily complicated device. It should be easy to figure out, with a simple setup, easy filter replacement, and different speed levels.
Other things to look for
When considering an air purifier for eczema, you also want to look at what type of filter or filters it uses.
HEPA filters are the best filters for capturing the tiniest of particles. It can catch particles as small as 0.3 microns.
You also must know how many square feet it can cover and whether or not it has a humidifier.
Humidifiers can also help alleviate eczema by relieving dry skin.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do air purifiers work for eczema?
Yes, air purifiers work for eczema by reducing the amount of dust, mites, and pollen in the air, which contribute to eczema outbreaks.
If you experience frequent eczema outbreaks, a high-quality air purifier can help alleviate the redness and irritation and prevent future flare-ups.
Does dust aggravate eczema?
Yes, dust and dust mites often cause allergic reactions, which can trigger eczema outbreaks.
If you find that dust aggravates your eczema, it is a good idea to get an air purifier to remove dust particles from the air.
What is the root cause of eczema?
The root cause of eczema is environmental factors touching your skin or getting into your system somehow.
Eczema is a gene variation in which allergens trigger rashes and other redness and irritation on the skin.
It can be caused by allergens touching the skin or allergens being consumed.
Common foods may trigger flare-ups. If this is the case, you should remove them from your diet.
It is a good idea to figure out which allergens are triggering your eczema.
Using an air purifier can remove allergens from the air, which can effectively prevent eczema flare-ups.
Eczema is a gene variation in which allergens trigger redness and irritation on our skin.
Allergens like dust, pollen, and other airborne particles can trigger eczema flare-ups as well as certain foods.
It is a good idea to figure out what causes flare-ups so you can avoid these things.
If your eczema flare-ups are caused by pollen, dust, and other harmful particles in the air, an air purifier can be the solution.
High-quality air purifiers effectively remove these particles from the air, which can help not only alleviate your redness and irritation but also prevent future flare-ups.
Some of the best air purifiers on the market right now for eczema include the Alen BreatheSmart 45i HEPA air purifier, the Modify MA-14 air purifier, Hathaspace Smart HSP001 air purifier, the Levoit LV-PUR131 air purifier, and the Germ Guardian AC4300BPTCA air purifier.
When considering which air purifier to go with, consider how durable it is, the filtration power it has, how easy it is to set up, and how often you have to change the filters.
Other factors to consider include what type of filter or filters it uses, how many square feet it can cover, and whether or not it also works as a humidifier.
Looking For Air Purifier Guides?
If you’re looking for more air purifier resources, consider checking out our other post on air purifiers.
- Filter Vs. Filterless Air Purifer Comparsion
- What is A Pre Filter In An Air Purifier?
- Levoit Air Purifier Troubleshooting Guide
- Do Water Air Purifiers Work?
Irene Batres is eager to help others create an indoor allergen-free home. She has years of experience testing out air purifiers, dehumidifiers, and other products designed to help with indoor air quality. Learn more about me.