If you are looking for the best air purifiers for rats, then look no further.
Below is a list of 5 air purifiers that have proven effective in trapping and killing all types of animal allergens.
The products in the list were specifically chosen for their ease of use and effectiveness in trapping airborne allergens.
So, read through and discover which air purifier is perfect for your rat today.
5 Best Air Purifiers For Rats
The list below will help you find the best air purifier for your rat and its allergies.
We will highlight the key features of each product and then look at the pros and cons.
Hopefully, by the end of the list, you should be able to easily choose the best air purifier for your rat.
Keep reading below, to find out the pros and cons of each air purifier.
IN A HURRY? HERE’S OUR TOP PICKS…..
Here is a quick overview of our top favorite Air Purifiers
|LEVOIT Air Purifier For Home Allergies and Pets||Check Current Price|
|BISSELL MYair Air Purifier||Check Current Price|
|GermGuardian Pluggable Air Purifier & Sanitizer||Check Current Price|
1. Our Top Pick: LEVOIT Air Purifier For Home Allergies and Pets
- True HEPA filter
- 24db filtration system cleaner
- Odor eliminator
- Up to 99.97% effective for mold, pollen, and smoke removal
- Multiple filter options
- Ozone free and Energy Star Verified
If you are looking for a true HEPA filter, then this product might be the one for you.
The Levoit air purifier for pets will remove up to 99.97% of allergens like mold, pollen, and smoke. It has an odor eliminator which helps with pet odors.
It also comes with a 24db filtration system cleaner that removes all particles from your home as well.
The filters are available in multiple options, so it can work best for your specific needs, such as capturing different types of allergy-causing substances or having more than one person living at home who have allergies themselves.
- True HEPA filter
- Odor eliminator eliminates any unwanted animal smells inside
- Multiple filter options include capturing certain types of allergens
- Very quiet
- Ozone free and Energy Star Verifies.
- Quite pricey for a small air purifier
2. GermGuardian Pluggable Air Purifier & Sanitizer (Best Priced)
- It comes with UV-C light, which eliminates mold and germs
- Has a deodorizer for pet and diaper odor
- Room freshener feature for small rooms
- Pluggable air sanitizer
- Compact design
- No filter replacement
The GermGuardian is one of the best budget air purifiers for rats.
It is compact and has a plug or battery power option, so it can be easily moved around the house.
The UV-C light will eliminate mold spores and all other allergens present in your home.
You won’t have to worry about filter replacements as this product does not require one.
It also comes with a one-year warranty. It has a scent feature that will freshen up your home if it is small.
- UV-C light eliminates mold and germs
- Plug or battery power option can be moved around the house with ease.
- No filter replacement is required.
- Comes with a one-year warranty.
- It comes with a scent feature for small rooms if needed too.
- Not suitable for larger rooms
3. BISSELL MYair Air Purifier (Runner Up)
- Great for capturing indoor and outdoor smoke
- Three-in-one filter
- Activated carbon which captures household and pet odors
- Low and high fan speed
- Great for spaces up to 100 sq. ft.
The BISSELL MYair is another great budget air purifier for rats.
It is a three-in-one filter that can capture indoor and outdoor smoke, household odors, in addition to pet odor.
The carbon will help remove unwanted smells from your home without needing any filters replaced.
This is a great product if you want whisper quiet with low or high fan speed options available depending on the size of the room it needs to be used in.
- Great for capturing both indoor and outdoor smoke
- A three-in-one filter removes mold spores
- Carbon captures all types of allergens, including household and animal ones too.
- Low/high fan speeds are perfect for small spaces up to 100 sq ft.
- Only suitable for smaller rooms
4. Pure Enrichment PureZone Mini Portable Air Purifier
- True HEPA filter
- Helps alleviate allergies
- Ideal for traveling
- Eliminates odors and smoke
- Two-stage air purification
- Versatile design
- Three-speed fan
The PurePure Enrichment PureZone Mini Portable Air Purifier will help people who are dealing with allergies.
It is also perfect for traveling due to its size but yet will still work great in smaller rooms like a bedroom or office space.
The air purifier includes two-stage filtration, which can remove mold spores, pet odors, and smoke from the air you breathe while indoors.
It has three speeds on the fan, so it doesn’t get too loud during use when needed either.
You have the option of using an AC adapter or battery power depending on your needs at any given time as well if they vary throughout the week, such as running low on batteries during car trips away from home.
- True HEPA filter helps alleviate allergy symptoms
- Ideal for travel
- It comes with a 3-speed fan
- It has a versatile design
- It comes with a two-stage purification feature
- Ideal for smaller rooms
5. NuWave OxyPure Large Area Smart Air Purifier For Home
- Best for pets
- Four carbon/HEPA filters
- Best for eliminating dander, mold spores, dust, lead, odors, gases, etc.
- Suitable for large rooms
- Eliminates up to 99.99% of bacteria
Your pet rat is going to have a good time in your home with the NuWave OxyPure Large Area Smart Air Purifier for Home.
It can eliminate dander, mold spores, dust, lead from the air, and gases released into it, which makes this a great product to use in any type of space you have available or need to use it at all day long.
The purifier has four carbon/HEPA filters, so if one gets dirty, you know what needs to be replaced without worrying about not being able to find where they are sold.
The filter will also kill up 99% of bacteria while working efficiently inside its large room size area.
- Best for pets
- Four carbon/HEPA filters
- Suitable for large spaces inside the home or office.
- Very effective at eliminating things like dander, mold spores, dust, etc., and bacteria and gases released into your air.
- Quite pricey
How To Choose An Air Purifier For Your Rats
When shopping for an air purifier for your pet rat, you need to consider a few factors, which include:
Sometimes you have to move around with your rat, such as when you visit your friends and relatives for days at a time.
You want to be able to move the air purifier around with you as well, so it is portable and easy for your rat to get used to.
- Size of the room
If you have smaller rooms, buying an air purifier that will work well in those spaces would be best.
- Odor elimination
If you are just looking for something to clean the air but still have some odors left, then an air purifier that can do both would be a good idea.
If you just want it to cover up unpleasant smells, though, and not eliminate them, then choosing one without this feature will work as well.
- Noise level
You will want the fan of your new pet rat’s air purifier to work on the lowest setting possible if you don’t want to disturb those around you.
- Price and warranty information
This should go without saying, but when you are purchasing an air purifier for your pet rat, it is important to compare the prices of different models before making a decision.
This will allow you to find one within your budget or at least not spend more than you have to while still getting everything.
You don’t want to have to replace your air purifier too often because it is cheaply made.
You want one that will last for a long time and stay in the same condition as when you first bought it if possible.
- Ease of Cleaning
You will have to clean the air purifier often. So choose an air purifier that is easy to clean and will not take up too much of your time.
Are air purifiers good for rats?
Yes. However, choose a device that has no ionizers as those are not good for animals.
Are Air Purifiers that produce ozone safe for rats?
No. You should avoid any air purifiers that produce ozone if you have a pet in your home. If your pet is exposed to this type of air purifier long enough, it can lead to things such as nosebleeds, respiratory problems, blood in the stool, and even death.
How often should I clean my rat’s cage?
It is recommended that you clean your rat’s cage at least once a week.
If you live in an animal-heavy area, then it is recommended that you clean your rat’s cage every day during the summer months and at least every other day during the winter.
Can you smell rat urine?
Rodent urine has a very strong and musky smell that is unmistakable.
Like common pets, rat urine is typically made up of urea and water. When uric acid in urine breaks down, the nitrogen within is released, and ammonia develops.
This creates an unpleasant odor. As rat urine dries up, so does the calcium in it. It leaves behind a chalk-like residue on surfaces.
The best air purifiers for rats listed in this post were carefully chosen because they provide the portability, size of room requirements, and features that will offer nothing but the best for your pet rat.
The tips for choosing the best air purifier for your pet provided here should help you find the perfect one for you.
If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch with us, and we will be glad to help.
Looking For Air Purifier Guides?
If you’re looking for more air purifier resources, consider checking out our other post on air purifiers.
- Honeywell Air Purifier Troubleshooting
- Air Conditioner Vs. Air Purifier
- Air Purifier Smells Like Plastic (All Odors Explained!)
Irene Batres is eager to help others create an indoor allergen-free home. She has years of experience testing out air purifiers, dehumidifiers, and other products designed to help with indoor air quality. Learn more about me.</div>