Are you looking for an air purifying device that won’t break the bank, but still is the best deal in town?
In this article, we’ll be taking a closer look at the best air purifiers under $150.
Shopping for an air purifier at any price point can be a tricky challenge. There are more low-quality air purifiers than good ones.
Luckily, after doing an extensive amount of research, I’ve found the best affordable priced air purifier on the market.
Keep reading below…
Short On Time?
We understand. Here is a quick overview of our top three air purifiers under one hundred fifty dollars.
- LEVOIT Air Purifier For Home Large Room (TOP PICK)
- Honeywell HPA100 True HEPA (Runner UP)
- PARTU HEPA Air Purifier (Cheapest)
Continue reading to see the complete list…
5 Best Air Purifiers Under $150
Below, you will discover what makes each air purifier unique and why it made it on our top list for under 150 dollars.
Furthermore, each review will contain a list of key features, pros, and cons.
This will help you make a quick and easy decision on which product is best for you.
Here’s what they are.
1. Honeywell HPA100 True HEPA (Runner UP)
Up first is by far the best air purifier I’ve ever seen. Because it is dirt cheap compared to other brands.
The Honeywell HPA100 True HEPA air purifier is not the best air purifier for a medium area out there.
But, for the price it is absolutely what you are looking for.
- This unit has four different noise level settings
- Cover up to 155 square feet
- The dimensions are 14″ high, 7 1/2″ deep, and 12 1/4″ wide
- Auto-off timer
- 5-year limited warranty
- Makes a big difference during allergy season. This means it helps with the stuffy nose.
- VERY quiet
- Has a turbo setting that takes out odors very quickly. Which is infinitely useful.
- Only covers up to 155 square feet
Famously known as the doctor’s top choice of air purifiers. It comes with a Certified True HEPA Filter and pre-filter.
With that being said, it helps capture VOC, odors, 99.97% of microscopic allergens, and large particles.
The only issue you’ll find is that you cannot purchase precut filters to fit on the Honeywell.
Fortunately, when it comes to the price point, it is an air purifier that is definitely at a price you can afford.
2. LEVOIT Air Purifier For Home Large Room (TOP PICK)
Honestly, this is the nuclear bomb of air purifiers. LEVOIT Air Purifier Large is easily the best air purifier.
The reason for this is because it is proven and tested by a 3rd party company. It also covers up to 500 square feet.
This means that you can capture bad air particles in an area while only using one machine.
Often, you will need two machines on both sides of the room.
This device can do all of that and more. Levoit air purifier is a fantastic bargain.
- Dimensions 12.8 x 6.4 x 16.1 inches
- Covers up to 500 ft²
- Safe & Certified
- True HEPA filter captures 99. 97% of airborne particles
- Energy Efficient cost only $0.18 per kWh
- 100% ozone free guarantees the safety of your pets
- Perfect for families with babies
- Replacement filters are super affordable
- It has no senor for odor detection
It comes in the color white and is also a lightweight machine.
It is equipped with a pre-filter, activated charcoal filter, and a True HEPA filter.
This will help to relieve allergies that are caused by pollen, pet dander, mold spores, and even small dust particles.
On top of that, it can rapidly purify a room in 18 mins for a 300 square feet area and 30 mins for a 500 square foot room.
On the downside, some people reported that it is noisy when ran on the highest setting.
However, Levoit air purifier is a small investment that will deliver tremendous benefits.
3. Blueair Blue Pure 411 Auto Small Room Air Purifier
If you are looking for just the right air cleaning device then the Blueair Blue Pure 411 is certainly worth checking into.
It is powerful, sleek, and maintains a comfortable home environment.
Perfect for a small office or a bedroom.
- 360 air intake tech
- LED Air Quality indicator
- Auto Mode setting
- 65 dB noise level
- Excellent for people who have allergies or asthma
- Low noise so you can leave It on while sleeping without hearing it run
- Extremely light and portable. Easy to pick up ( 3LBS)
- It is not equipped with a HEPA filter
- Easily can be tipped over by kids or pets due to being lightweight
The Blue air Blue Pure 411 is equipped with a propriety filter that has a carbon filter attached to it.
Also, there is a grey fabric pre-filter that you can see on the bottom of the unit.
Another plus about the Blueair blue pure air purifier is that the pre-filter fabric can be switched out for different colors.
Tests have shown it to perform just as well as a HEPA filter.
But, it is still a maximum value at a minimum cost.
4. PARTU HEPA Air Purifier (Cheapest)
Finding an inexpensive air purifier that is reliable and has good performance can be a challenge.
The PARTU HEPA Air Purifier is surprisingly affordable and is recommended by more and more people.
Best of all it is perfect for small spaces and can even fit on a desk or for a small room.
- Dimensions LxWxH 7.5 x 7.5 x 13.8 inches
- Covers up to 107 Square Feet
- Has Lock button to protect against babies or pets
- Instructions are easy to follow and simple to set up
- Able to add essential oils helps your home to smell refreshing and also can relax your body
- Reusable filter
- Only good for small areas
If you’re on a budget this air purifying machine is our top pick.
The Partu HEPA air purifier does an excellent job for keep indoor air quality at its best.
Although, it doesn’t have as many functions as the other purifiers on our list, but it gets rid of airborne particles and is a good value.
5. LEVOIT Air Purifier Smart Wifi
Last but not least, another LEVOIT air purifier made it on our top 5 list.
There is no doubt that the Levoit brand is highly rated for its awesome air cleaning machines.
Not to mention, their customer service is off the charts.
- 24 dB
- Snowy white color
- Covers up to 180 square feet
- Voice control with Amazon Alexa
- Works great for pets, allergies, odors, dust, and pollen
- Easy to set up
- Filters last from 6 to 8 months
- No air quality sensor
Comes with a high-efficiency activated carbon filter, True HEPA, and a nylon pre-filter.
The LEVOIT is easy to set up using your phone and you can control from anywhere.
Why spend top dollar on an air purifier when all you need is this one.
Final Thoughts & Recommendations
Let’s face it, when it comes to air purifying machines they are wonderful for removing impurities in the air.
However, just because some are expensive does not always mean they work the best.
Most importantly, we carefully selected these 5 best Air Purifiers for under $150.
Not all of the air purifying machines made our list.
We selected them by popularity, affordability, noise level, and effectiveness.
If you’re looking for a quiet air purifier that is for a medium-sized space, I found the Honeywell HPA100 True HEPA Air Purifier to be the best.
Also, it is highly rated and budget-friendly.
Not to mention, it is proven and tested to reduce bacteria and viruses.
This means that you can protect yourself and your family from getting sick. Well worth the price.
Alternately, if you’re looking for an air cleaner that covers larger spaces.
Then I recommend checking out LEVOIT Air Purifier for a Large Room.
It is perfect for living rooms and large spaces and covers up to 500 square feet.
This means you get more for your money. And you only need one device and stead of two.
On top of that, it is energy efficient and can help you save money on your bill.
Plus, it is still under the one hundred and fifty dollar mark.
The good news is that no matter which air purifier you choose, they are a great investment for your home.
I hope this post was helpful.
Looking For Air Purifier Guides?
If you’re looking for more air purifier resources, consider checking out our other posts on air purifiers.
- Are air purifiers a waste of money?
- How to tell if an air purifier is working?
- Should I Run A Ceiling Fan With An Air Purifier?
- Do Air Purifiers Remove Carbon Monoxide?
- Are Air Purifiers A Fire Hazard?
(writer & chief editor)
Irene Mills is eager to help others create an indoor allergen-free home. She has years of experience testing out air purifiers, dehumidifiers, and other products designed to help with indoor air quality. Learn more about me.