The laundry room is one of the most commonly used rooms in a home.
But, it’s also one of the hardest to keep clean and dry.
There are many places for water to hide, which can lead to mold and mildew growth if not taken care of correctly.
One way that homeowners can reduce moisture in their laundry room is by installing a dehumidifier system.
This post will go over the 5 best dehumidifiers for a laundry room.
Let’s get started…
5 Best Dehumidifiers For A Laundry Room
Now it’s time to jump into the list of the 5 best dehumidifier for a Landry room. Each review will list pros and cons.
This helps you make smart buying choices. It’ll be easy to pick just the right dehumidifier for you and your family.
Some of the critical things I evaluated in each product were condensing models, which remove more significant quantities of humid air, thermoelectric dehumidifiers, efficiency, and noise levels while running.
Here is a listing of the top picks following the evaluation and testing of the newest models and what experts suggest.
- Frigidaire High Humidity 50-Pint Capacity Dehumidifier
- TaoTronics 50-Pint Dehumidifier
- Afloia Dehumidifier
- LG PuriCare 50-Pint Clear Bucket Dehumidifier
- hOmeLabs Dehumidifier >
1. Our #1 Pick: LG PuriCare 50-Pint Clear Bucket Dehumidifier
The LG PuriCare tops the list of the best thermoelectric laundry dehumidifiers. It is a medium-capacity, 50-pint thermoelectric Dehumidifier best for drying small and medium-sized rooms.
The design comes in an attractive large digital display and a large clear handle bucket.
Therefore, it is easy to see when you need to empty the bucket, while the handle makes it easy to carry the tank.
It comes with a humidity sensor that keeps the room to the required 30-50% home humidity.
The device has a frost sensor that functions when it is ice cold.
You do not have to keep switching it on and off, for it has an auto-restart when humidity is too high or too low.
- Washable filter
- Collects humid of up to 50 pts/ day
- Convenient to use
- Energy saving
- Attractive design
- Auto display, Auto shut off, and Full bucket indicator
- Sleek and low profile design
- Clear bucket for easy water volume visibility
- Easy to use
- Automatic humid sensor and display
- Programmable timer
- Quiet in operation
- No cord storage
2. Frigidaire High Humidity 50-Pint Capacity Dehumidifier- Runner Up
The Frigidaire High Humidity dehumidifier can remove 50 pints of moisture from room spaces, measuring a maximum of 2400 sq. Ft.
The operation is carried out efficiently with the help of three fans that adjust to the level of moisture in the room.
It has the capability of clearing areas with high humid levels of up to 80%.
- Automatic defrost system
- 6-foot three-prong power cord that allows you to plug into the wall socket directly
- Easy to use control panel
- Built-in timer
- Digital read-out that helps you in monitoring the humidity levels
- It is one among few dehumidifiers that come with an active pump. You can drain water on an elevated sink where you do not have a floor drain.
- Quiet in operation
- Easy to clean filters
- Releases dry air out.
- Automatic start-up/ off
- A little high in energy consumption compared to dehumidifiers in its class.
- High on cost >
- Can soak moisture from small to large areas with up to 50 pints in a day
- A timer setting
- An intelligent setting where you can achieve humidity levels to comfortable 30-50%
- Overflow protection means a dehumidifier automatically shuts off to avoid water spilling over. It is much safer when it comes to auto restart.
- Energy-efficient making it worth the price.
- It comes with dehumidification modes and turbo function. >
- Humidity sensor
- Programmable timer
- Energy efficient
- Optional active pump for draining water to an outlet
- Good Brand reputation
- Quiet in operation >
- It comes with no hose for drainage.
- One-touch operation
- Basic filter
- Covering up to 270 sq. ft
- Saves space
- Two years after-sale warranty
- Two-liter tank
- Built-in Filter
- Quiet operation
- Easy to use
- Auto shut off
- Come in a standard capacity.
- 6.8 liters water tank
- Can cover up to 3000 sq. ft
- Low noise levels of less than 51 dBA
- Energy Star rated >
- Easy to operate
- Quiet in operation
- Modern design
- Easily portable
- Excellent performance
- Only offers 35-pint unit under new DOE standards >
- Pints/ Day >
- Cubic Feet per Meter (CFM) >
- Bucket Size >
- Hose and Pump
- The weather outside will highly determine the selection. For instance, when it is summer, you will need moderate humidity levels to keep your clothes dry. About 2 liters of water is soaked up. During winter, you will need to set for higher humidity levels for over 3 liters of water.
- The amount of washing that you did. Cleaning for a whole family can soak a total of 2 -3 liters of water. It can even take 3hours
- Size of your laundry room and the size of the Dehumidifier
- The fabrics of your garments, woolen garments, carry more water, and therefore it will take time. Therefore, add more time for drying up and drawing water.
- The position of your Dehumidifier should be at the center for equal humidity soaking in the room.
- How Long Does It Take For An Dehumidifier To Work?
- Air Purifier Or Dehumidifier For Mold
- Do Dehumidifiers Have Feron?
- Do Dehumidifiers Work In The Winter?
- Can A Dehumidifier Dehydrate You?
3. TOSOT 50 Pint with Internal Pump (Best Energy Star Rating)
The TOSOT 50-pint is impressive in energy efficiency and among the best thermoelectric dehumidifiers in energy star rating.
It gets the best rating for meeting all DOE standards in energy-efficient operations.
The Dehumidifier comes with humidity and temperature sensors that intelligently maintain 30-50% humidity temperatures.
It is more convenient in easy drainage where you can quickly drain water through a basement window or laundry sink.
Therefore you do not need to drain the water tank manually.
All you need is to connect a hose to drain water to an outlet.
4. Afloia Dehumidifier (Budget Pick)
The Afloia Dehumidifier is one of the affordable and practical laundry room humidity problems.
The well-modified design is for small rooms of up to 269 Sq. ft. you do not have to learn how to operate it since there is only one button in the entire machine.
After several hours of collecting humid air, the machine will automatically condense the air to collect water. Water is then drained automatically upon filling the tank.
The noise produced is too low where you can also use it in your bedroom.
Additionally, the filter is in-built to the device and helps capture bacteria and mold. That keeps your laundry room drier and clean.
5. hOmeLabs Dehumidifier ( With built-in wheels and handles)
The unit is ideal for small and large rooms with high humid levels. It has the capability of removing up to 50 pints of water daily.
You do not have to worry about electricity bills, for it is a certified energy star product.
The hOmelabs Dehumidifier design comes clean with sleek lines and a modern appearance.
It also has convenient built-in wheels and lifting handles for easy moving from laundry rooms to other rooms.
The silence in the device makes it favorable to running round the clock with zero disturbance.
You also get a drain hose separately where you can connect it to a higher outlet.
How to Choose A Dehumidifier For Laundry Room
When choosing a dehumidifier, there are a few things to put into consideration. First, you need to measure the size of your laundry room.
You also need to gauge how humid your laundry room is with the help of a hygrometer. Below are other crucial things to consider:
Each Dehumidifier is inspected first by the Department of Energy before being released into the consumer market.
The energy department grades the device performance in dehumidifying by measuring the quantity of moisture removed in pint units for a day.
By identifying how big your laundry room, you can approximate how much humid air is in there.
For instance, a room measuring 300 by 500 sq. ft might contain up to 50% humidity. Therefore, you need a capacity of at least 20 pints.
The higher the humidity levels or square footage of your room, the more capacity a dehumidifier should increase for a well-done job.
CFM measurement helps in determining the square footage a dehumidifier can handle. The higher the pints per day you get, the more humidity it traps.
However, when you choose a higher CFM, the more square footage it covers and at a higher rate.
You need to consider the bucket size as indicated in ounces, gallons, or pints. It means when you choose a giant bucket, the less time you will need to empty in a day or within the week.
Besides its size, you also need to consider how easy it is to remove the bucket from the unit.
Are there handles or risks of spillage?
Some buckets have a splash guard to help avoid spillage from happening
The majority of dehumidifiers in the market have a drainage port and pump to connect the hose to drain water to an outlet.
That makes it easy, and you do not require to interfere with the device constantly.
It is also appropriate to consider where you will place the DehumidifierDehumidifier and where you are to drain water.
You should inspect the device first to note the location of the hose attachment joint. That will ensure that the product will effectively suit your needs.
However, to choose the best dehumidifiers in the market, always consider those that meet the industry standards—for instance, energy star rates of 20 pints per day for a mini product.
What is the Best humidity for drying clothes?
There are several factors to consider when selecting the proper humidity for drying your clothes indoors.
What size Dehumidifier do I need for laundry?
There are two main types of dehumidifiers: Desiccant and Refrigeration.
Both have different strengths, and by understanding how they work, you can buy the right size to serve your needs.>If you have a small area like laundry rooms, the desiccant dehumidifiers are the best.
They do not consume a lot of energy and can run for long.
Refrigeration dehumidifiers are best for larger rooms that will need occasional dehumidifying during humid days.>They use a lot of energy when operating.
Therefore, for you to select the suitable desiccant dehumidifiers, you need to consider the ratings given.
A small dehumidifier can manage 5-10 pints in a day. In comparison, a larger one can collect 60-70 pints in a day.>The size of your laundry room is a crucial factor in selecting the ideal dehumidifier size.
How do I lower the humidity in my laundry room?
Keeping your washer drained and no wet clothes left in the washer is the first step in lowering humidity.
Opening your laundry room windows and having a proper ventilation system will help reduce the moisture.>Keep a check on any water leakage that might exist on the hose, and if any, use duct tape to stop the leakage. It would be best to consider fitting a fan or air conditioning to improve airflow in your home.
What causes humidity in the laundry room?
Various factors contribute to high humidity in your laundry room. Among them are the ventilation, insulation of your room, and vapor retarder use.
However, the outside climate is a critical factor indirectly affecting humidity levels in a laundry room.>When it is too hot, the laundry room will experience high humidity levels.
The wetness in your laundry room will also play a significant role in the humidity of the laundry room when the AC unit capacity connected to your house affects the laundry room.
The short-term cooling in AC will trigger frequent turns on and off, allowing more humidity to take hold of your laundry room.
One of my best picks is the LG PuriCare 50-Pint Clear Bucket Dehumidifier.
It is the best choice for its sleek design with well-thought features.
The clear bucket helps you in monitoring water levels and a spillage guard to prevent water from overflowing.>You can also handle it easily when dumping water or connect to a hose for continuous drainage. It also has 23 hours of resting time to prevent overheating and for longer life.
I completely understand the importance of landing the right product for your health and mind.
Therefore, my product evaluation is excellent to give you the best performance in dehumidifying your laundry room.>However, it is essential to thoroughly assess your laundry room size, humidity levels, and other humid effects before selecting your ideal product.
Looking For Dehumidifer Guides?
If you’re looking for more dehumidifier resources, consider checking out our other post on Dehumidifier.
Irene Batres is eager to help others create an indoor allergen-free home. She has years of experience testing out air purifiers, dehumidifiers, and other products designed to help with indoor air quality. Learn more about me.