Are you wanting to know can you leave an air purifier on all night ?
You’ve come to the right article!
An air purifier is an excellent addition to any home. Not only that, but can also help you stay healthy.
In this article, let’s take a closer look and discover whether leaving your air purifier on all night is good or bad.
Let’s jump in…
What's In This Guide?
Can You Leave An Air Purifier On All Night?
You can leave an air purifier on all night. In fact, leaving it running for a more extended time will give you far better results than merely running the device for a few hours at a time.
These machines are designed to work continuously, and the more they are allowed to do so, the cleaner the air will be.
Using an air purifier is a great way to eliminate odors and relieve allergies.
They are also great in homes where there are smokers since these devices can quickly get rid of both the smoke and the smell.
You may be surprised to learn of the many benefits of letting your air purifier work overnight.
How Many Hours A Day Should You Run An Air Purifier?
Most air purifier experts will tell you that running your device 24 hours a day will provide you with the cleanest air.
However, this doesn’t mean that you should run the machine on the highest setting for the entire time.
To get the best results, you should run the air purifier on a high setting for a couple of hours.
This will remove most of the airborne particles and clear the room. If you have a larger space, you may wish to increase this time.
After running it at full speed for two hours, you can return the settings to the lowest option.
With that said, this will help maintain the level of clean air in the room throughout the rest of the day.
Is It Safe To Leave An Air Purifier On All Day And Night?
Many electrical devices that serve an ongoing purpose have been designed with continual use in mind
For example, consider your fridge or freezer, both of which remain plugged in and running 24/7.
Your air purifier is no different.
As a matter if fact, because it has been manufactured in such a way that continuous use won’t cause any safety hazards.
However, it is worth keeping in mind that running the air purifier all day and night will mean that the filters will need replacing more frequently.
Benefits Of Leaving An Air Purifier Running All The Time
You will likely appreciate running an air purifier all the time.
Because it is the best way to tackle air problems within the home.
But let’s take a look at the benefits you will notice from running the device continuously.
- You will get a better night’s sleep thanks to the ability to breathe more freely – this is especially important for those with allergies, asthma, and other breathing conditions.
- The air in your home will constantly be free from bacteria, which means you and your family will remain healthier.
- It’s no secret that humans can create some questionable odors, but running your air purifier all the time can eliminate these odors, leaving your home fresher and more pleasant.
- Some building materials contain harmful chemicals, and these can be passed into the air and, as such, breathed in by you and your family. Your air purifier will ensure that these are effectively removed. Inhaling these particles could potentially play a part in the development of lung cancer.
- If you live in a significantly polluted urban location, outside fumes can easily penetrate the home. Running an air purifier all day and night will remove these fumes from your home.
Disadvantages Of Leaving An Air Purifier On 24/7
While there are many reasons why continually using your air purifier is great, there are a few downsides.
However, it is worth keeping in mind that the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages.
- Your energy bill may be slightly higher, thanks to the additional power you will be using. However, many air purifiers are made to be energy efficient so that this increase will be minimal.
- The filter will need to be replaced frequently if it is not dust, and dirt will build-up on it, making the air purifier far less effective.
- If you are running an ozone air purifier, this could potentially do more harm than good.
Do Air Purifiers Help With Sleep While Running Overnight?
Air purifiers are great for helping you obtain better quality sleep, and there are many reasons for this.
Primarily, those with lung conditions, allergies. And even sleep apnea will likely find relief from their conditions when using an air purifier overnight.
Often, allergens will settle during the night, and this can increase your body’s reaction to them.
Think about how bad your hayfever gets on those summer evenings.
Running your air purifier through the night will remove these allergens, leaving you free to sleep peacefully.
Additionally, there are many air purifiers on the market that emit a low hum, and this white noise can help people drift off to sleep more easily.
Studies have shown that white noise has a positive impact on sleep quality.
So even if you don’t suffer from breathing difficulties, the gentle sound could be beneficial.
What’s more, some air purifiers out there can cool down a room. And can act as a temperature control system, like the Dyson Hot + Cold.
For example, sleep is much more easily induced when you are in a comfortable environment.
Summary – Is It Ok To Leave An Air Purifier On All Night?
You can leave your air purifier running all night, and it will not do any harm
If anything, this is the preferred mode of operation as you are able to maintain continually clean air throughout the home.
This can aid with sleep and help those struggling with allergies.
However, you should keep in mind that doing this may require more frequent filter changes and will use slightly more power.
I hope this article was helpful. You can find other helpful information about air purifiers in our blog section.
Looking For Air Purifier Guides?
If you’re looking for more air purifier resources, consider checking out our other posts on air purifiers.