Is your Hunter air purifier acting up, leaving you sneezing and wheezing?
Well, don’t worry!
I got you covered with this ultimate Hunter Air Purifier troubleshooting guide. Say goodbye to your worries as we help you overcome those pesky problems.
Let’s dive in and get your air purifier back up and running.
How To Install And Use Hunter Air Purifier
Setting up and using your Hunter air purifier is a breeze!
Just follow these simple steps:
- Download their website’s user manual for your Hunter air purifier model. Contact Hunter Customer Support for assistance if you can’t locate your model.
- Always unplug the air purifier before servicing it, and avoid running the cord under carpets or covering it with rugs. l>
- Remove the air purifier from its box and remove the clear plastic protective bag. Place the unit on a firm, level surface in a suitable location, preferably a larger living space or an open floor plan.
- Before switching on the air purifier, ensure the filters are securely in place and haven’t become loose during shipping.
- Access the filters by removing the two side panels. Your air purifier has two filters: an activated carbon pre-filter and a glass HEPA filter.
Open the front grill by turning the knob until the notch above the Hunter logo aligns with the unlock symbol on the grill to check the filters.<ol start="5">
- Ensure the filters are securely in place before turning on the air purifier.
- Turn on the air purifier and adjust the settings as required.
Following these easy steps, your Hunter air purifier will be installed and operational, ensuring cleaner and fresher air in your home.
Why Is My Hunter Air Purifier Not Working?
There could be several reasons why your Hunter air purifier is not working. Based on the provided information, here are some possible issues and solutions:
- Ensure the air purifier is plugged into a working electrical outlet
- Check for a faulty power cord
- Reset the tripped circuit breaker
Poor Air Circulation:
- Make sure the filter is correctly located in a place
- If the filter is clogged, replace it with a new one
- Check whether the air intake grills and air outlet are clean; if they are dirty, clean them and ensure the air purifier is dry before using it again
- Ensure no objects are blocking the air purifier’s airflow
- If the push buttons or touch controls are malfunctioning or unresponsive, try resetting the air purifier by pressing and holding the reset button (if available) or unplugging it from the power for 30 seconds and then plugging it back in
- Inspect for loose parts and tighten them if necessary
- Check for damaged fan blades and replace them if needed
How Do You Reset the Filter Light on A Hunter Air Purifier?
To reset the filter light on a Hunter air purifier, follow these steps:
For Most Hunter Air Purifier Models:
- Locate the “replace filter” or “filter change” button on the control panel of the air purifier.
For Models With A “reset Filter” Button:
- Find the “reset filter” hole on the control panel of the air purifier.
- Insert a paperclip into the hole and press the “reset filter” button.
For The Hunter Hp800 Air Purifier:
- Perform a power reset by unplugging the unit for 1 minute and plugging it back in.
- Check the user manual for instructions on resetting the filter time indicator.
- To reset the HEPA filter indicator, press and hold the HEPA filter button for 3 seconds until you hear 3 beeps.
For the Hunter-Quiet Flo-Ultra-30736 Model:
- Refer to the user manual for detailed instructions on changing the filter and resetting the filter life counter.
Regular maintenance is crucial for your air purifier’s performance.>Change the pre-filter every 3 months and the HEPA filter every 6 months under normal continuous use conditions.
Also Read: Coway Troubleshooting (9 Quick Fixes)
Why Is My Filter Indicator Light Blinking On My Hunter Air Purifier?
If the filter indicator light is blinking on your Hunter air purifier, it means that the filters need to be changed.Typically, the carbon pre-filters should be replaced every 2 to 3 months. To turn off the blinking light, you can either replace the filters or reset the unit.
If your air purifier has a reset button, press and hold it until the lights go out.
Alternatively, you can reset the filter indicator button once the pre-filter and/or HEPA filter have been replaced.To reset the HEPA filter indicator, press and hold the HEPA filter button for 3 seconds
How Do I Turn Off the Red Light On My Hunter Air Purifier?
To turn off the red light on your Hunter air purifier, follow these steps based on the information provided:
Step 1: Unplug the air purifier from the power source for safety.Step 2: Determine the reason for the red light:
A. If it’s a filter indicator light, replace the filter as needed. Carbon filters should be changed every 2-3 months, and HEPA filters every 12-18 months.
B. If it’s a blinking light, press and hold both up and down arrows until the red light blinks rapidly, release both for a second or two, and press and hold the up arrow until the light turns off.C. If it’s an accent light, press the accent light button to turn the light on and off.
Step 3. If the red light is a filter indicator, hold the ion button for 3 seconds to stop the red light from flashing after replacing the filter.
Step 4. Clean the pre-filter if needed, following the instructions provided in the manual.
Use a vacuum cleaner to remove dust and debris from the fabric, then reattach the fabric to the filter with the velcro strips.
Step 5. Plug the air purifier back into the power source and turn it on. Test to ensure the red light is no longer illuminated.
How Do I Clean My Hunter Air Purifier
To clean your Hunter air purifier, follow these steps:
- Unplug the air purifier from the power source for safety.
- Clean the exterior using a moistened soft cloth.
Avoid pouring or splashing water on the air purifier or using abrasive cleaners. Focus on cleaning the air intake grills and air outlets.
- Remove the front grille by locating the notches on the side and pulling gently.
- Take out the old HEPA filter and pre-filter. Replace them with new ones if necessary.
- If the HEPA filter is washable, as the user manual indicates, wash it with warm water and let it dry.
If the filter is filthy, you can soak it in hot water. If the filter is not washable, use a vacuum to remove dust and debris.
- Reassemble the air purifier by inserting the pegs of the grille into the corresponding holes and snapping it shut.
- Ensure the air purifier is completely dry before plugging it back into a power outlet and turning it on.
How To Change The Filters In Your Hunter
To change the filters in your Hunter air purifier, follow these steps:
- Please turn off the unit and unplug it from the power source.
- Locate the filter compartment, typically at the back of the unit.
- Remove the old filter from inside the machine.
- Take the new pre-filter and wrap it around the HEPA filter.
- For other models like Hunter, refer to the user manual.
After replacing the filter, reset the filter indicator light by pressing and holding the filter reset button for 3-5 seconds.
Howoften should I clean the filter of my Hunter air purifier to ensure optimal performance?
For optimal performance of your Hunter air purifier, it is recommended to replace the filters every 6-12 months, depending on usage and air quality.
Regular filter replacement ensures that the air purifier effectively removes pollutants from the air.
However, if your model has a washable pre-filter, you can clean it more frequently, such as once a month or as needed, based on the dust and pollutants in your environment.
Refer to the user manual for your model’s cleaning and maintenance instructions.
Where To Find Hunter Air Purifier Replacement Parts
|Replacement Filters Model||Price|
|Hunter HP125||Check Price|
|Hunter HP800||Check Price|
|Hunter 30930 Air Purifier Filter for Models 30200, 30250, 30253, 30255, 30350, 30374, 30375, 30377, 30380, 30695, 37255, 37375||Check Price|
|HT1702, 10200||Check Price|
|HT1701, 30100||Check Price|
|All Other Models||Check Price|
Best Practices For Maintaining Your Hunter Air Purifier
In addition to troubleshooting and cleaning your Hunter air purifier, you can follow several best practices to maintain its performance and ensure a healthy indoor environment.
Hereare some tips:
Change The Filter Regularly:
Remember to change that filter!
Depending on the type, you might need a new one every few months. Just peek at your user manual to see how often you should switch it out.
Keep your purifier in a clean, open spot. You don’t want it all cramped and dusty, or it won’t work its magic as well.
No Overloading, Please:
Stick to the manufacturer’s guidelines for room size and purifier capacity. Overdoing it can make your purifier less effective and even shorten its life.
Keep It Running:
Use your air purifier consistently at home for the best results. It’ll work better if it’s humming away regularly.